Approaching Canadian RRSP Deadlines for 2022
There’s only 2 weeks left before the RRSP Deadlines so if you were planning on making any contributions, please let us know so that we can help you maximize your tax savings this year.
Here are the deadlines that you need to know for this tax season:
- RRSP Deadline isMarch 1, 2022 for the 2021 tax year.
- December 31 for the year you turn 71 is the last day you can contribute to your own RRSP.
- RDSP Deadline is December 31, 2021 to open an RDSP, make contributions or apply for the matching Grant and income-tested Bond.
- Home Buyers’ Plan requires you to buy or build the qualifying home before October 1 of the year after the year of withdrawal.
- Lifelong Learning Plan Deadline for students to receive a written offer to enrol is March of the year after you withdraw your RRSP funds.
You can find your RRSP contribution room on your 2020 Notice of assessment, by logging into your CRA account or by reaching out to us.
If you need to access your CRA account, use the following link: CRA Login Services. If you are having issues logging in, contact us with the information below or call CRA directly at +1 (800) 959-8281.
Otherwise, if you haven’t set up your CRA account yet, they will need to send you a security code by mail but if you’ve lost your code or never received it, just call the Individual Tax Enquiries at CRA.